Sunday, August 06, 2006

Loving Daiso!

Just came home from visiting Grandad. He just went for a biopsy today because they'd detected a growth in his throat.

But he was happy and chirpy to all of us whilst we were there. He even watched the finale to SuperBand with us :D Happily chatting and asking me questions about school.

I love my Grandad very much because he is the person you'd least expect to be unconventional. He shares my love in photography and was the one who got me second hand cameras to fool around with in my childhood. I credit whatever photographic skills I may have to him.

I love him for continuing to shoulder on alone after grandma and mum passed away one month apart from each other since way back in 1999.

I love him for never stopping my father from going to church, for never stopping my parents from marrying in a church, for never stopping my parents from raising me up as a Christian.

I would like to think he taught my dad to be unconventional, to be unlike anyone else in this world, and for my dad to have brought me up likewise.

To me this is the unique characteristic that binds the three of us and sets us apart from the rest of the family.

...

Last night I went to meet Rz, JL and Junk at IMM :) Taryn was supposed to come along too, but her granny took her out last minute.

JL was sad. He really wanted to carry and play with the lil girl, but well, there will be other times :D Don't worry k JL :)

The main thing I wanted to see at IMM was Daiso, this immense department store that sells everything for $2. I'd heard lots about it and I really wanted to see it for myself.

I just love all the pretty glassware :D


It's such an amazing place :D

I cannot wait to go again! I managed to get a porcelain bowl in the shape of a bathtub for Pepsi and Lemon :D




Not only is it cute, they seem to love it too :D This picture actually was of her face, but at night, Lemon moves about 10x her speed in the day lol. So all you can see is her rearview.


In comparison to this, you'll know why I prefer to photograph them in the day :D


Also, I bought some denim and applique to make Fb's baby Fluffy a carrier bag :D I promise more pix when it's completed :D Now I only have to look for some sorta mesh, so Fluffy can have windows :D

Rz, Junk and JL bought mostly snacks. This is one of the cuter ones :D Tako Pachi!


After Daiso we had dinner at Wang Zhai Xiang Gang Nai Cha Dian :D Yummy! :D

Does this make you hungry? :D


We ordered Beef Brisket to share :D


My Minced Pork Salted Fish Rice :D


Junk's Pork Rib and Baked Butter Rice :D


Rz's Seafood and Baked Butter Rice :D


Chicken Wings!


LOL I didn't take a photo of JL's fried rice, cos not only did it come very late and we were all busy eating already, it didn't look very special :x

Hahahaha JL was also very unlucky to pick the only dish that doesn't come with free soup!

So instead of posting pictures of such an unlucky plate of fried rice, I'll share a pic of Junk and JL :D


...

Like everyone else, I have small bits of me that are sensitive too. I can gallantly carry on a joke at my expense, even when it is far from being true.

I laugh at myself on a daily basis, and I make sure I don't put on any airs. I am so approachable until the point I can hardly tell when people are talking to me in order to backstab me at times.

We shared good times, and we've stuck together in bad times. I love you like I'd love a blood brother. I've stuck by you over the years, even when people gave me reason to doubt your integrity and questioned the strength of your character, I have always remained in your defence.

True, what you said in the forums could have been a joke. But how come instead of laughing I feel so much like crying? :(

I've tried to brush this feeling aside more than once since the attacks were first launched. But tonight, it hurts more than ever. Still, I took the time to visit your blog, look for you online, the same as everyday.

You know, I don't feel mad or angry at all. Just feeling kinda hurt cos I still care a great deal. Perhaps, as you put it, I am indeed eccentric after all.

You'll always be brilliant to me. And no matter what you have said, I will always have a word of encouragement for my didi *sayang*


- 6 August 2006 4:15am -

No comments: